October 10, 2007

Movies of 2007

Before Andrew's Korean school started a month ago, Matthew and I took a day "off" and our sitter watched the kids. On these days we would go downtown, have lunch, walk around, and often see a movie. Here are the movies we saw from January-August:

Casino Royale - very good
The Departed - good (Scorsese deserved an Oscar but his earlier works are better than this.)
Miss Potter - very good
The Queen - very good
Volver - fair
Breaking and Entering - poor
Ave Montaigne - good
The Lives of Others - EXCELLENT
Dans Paris - poor
The Namesake - very good
The Pageturner - EXCELLENT
After the Wedding - EXCELLENT
Blades of Glory - good (very funny)
Paris Je T'aime - poor (a few vignettes were excellent though)
Le Valet - good
Once - EXCELLENT
Broken English - poor
Evening - fair
Ratatouille - very good
Becoming Jane - good
Bourne Ultimatum - very good
2 Days in Paris - fair

As you can see, I enjoy watching foreign films to Hollywood films. We saw 22 films in 8 months! That's more than in the past 2 decades. I've always loved Europe since the 2nd grade when I saw the "Red Balloon". Some people are entranced by Asia, but I have a pull towards Europe.