Uniqlo is one stop shopping for me and my family. Staged in an enormous 3 story loft space in SoHo, the clothes are simple, modern, and affordable. An article in their current catalogue struck a chord with me. A New York writer describing this city as at once destroying you and at another instance making one feel like G-O-D. I've had both feelings. There is a bit of a love/hate relationship towards the city when you are living here on a daily basis. I have a similar feeling with the uptown/downtown thing. Looking forward for Muji to open in November.
There is something so zen-like in living in an apartment. Because of the small space, I'm a pretty good editor. We buy things we need for now. So no hording, pack-rat-ing (of clothes, books, toys, shoes, etc). I think I spend less time and money shopping because I'm always aware of our storage capacity.